Friday, June 26, 2009

Homeward Bound?

I drove at reasonable speeds on the way back to Augusta from Mobile. I had a really great time visiting my family. I was able to spend time with my favorite cousins, four of my five siblings, and three aunts and an uncle. I played "42" and "Acquire", and actually won my final game of the latter. I was able to see my little brother almost every day, and spend time with nieces and a nephew. I had the chance to help lend a hand for some moving and house remodeling my aunt and uncle were doing. I got to eat some good Southern Cooking.

Here are some shots from my trip.














Returning from a trip to see those dear to you is such a bittersweet experience. It's nice to return to one's niche, to the familiar and comfortable. It's also a bit sad to leave those you love. I'll be moving on soon, myself. We'll see what the future has in store.

4 comments:

Matt G said...

Good pics, but they're not embiggen-ating. If you are, as I suspect, putting some of these things up for your own journal to regard in retrospect in the future, I would suggest either reloading them, or linking them to a PhotoBucket upload.

Glad you're enjoying what's important, John. :)

J.R.Shirley said...

Matt,

I deliberately kept these small for several reasons. I have the originals on Flickr.

J

Assrot said...

That Whitesnake song is one of my favorites. Many a night I played that over and over when I threw my first wife out on her ass for being a useless dopehead.

Life was rough for a couple of years but things got better. They will for you too John. Hang in there buddy.

Joe

J.R.Shirley said...

Thanks, Joe. Sounds like we have a few similarities, there.

J


HallowE09