Sunday, July 12, 2009

Deep in the Heart

They threatened us with 15-hour work days. The training schedule we were given at the 42A10 class I'm currently taking in Texas was grueling (at least, as grueling as classroom instruction can be- somehow still never as bad as shoveling in the summer). I have been often frustrated with the slow pace of instruction, and my feeling that the instructors aren't teaching very efficiently. Despite that, we were told that our class was ahead of schedule, and so, we were released at lunch Friday. Matt was kind enough to pick me up. I got to meet the family, and I think a good time was had by all.

A proud grandmother



A proud father




Matt and moi.

5 comments:

Don said...

I've never made it to Texas to see Matt and Johnny and Art and Lawdog. Maybe one of these days.

I hope you made fun of Matt.

J.R.Shirley said...

Too easy. No sport in it.

Matt G said...

Occasional size references aside, I will have to admit that there was little fun made at the expense of others. I had fun, though.

charlotte g said...

I loved talking to you. I am so glad you are part of our extendended family now,and DIL agreed. Come back. Let us feed you and hug you.Let us share our family. Let us be part of your community. I love your mind, your discipline. Matt would say it is sissy but would agree: we love you.

J.R.Shirley said...

Aw...thank you, Charlotte.


HallowE09