Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crashing

After I made it back to Davis' place yesterday, we cooked dinner. Considering the sorry state of my bank account, I was going to cook oatmeal, but he reminded me that he had some chicken we could cook. Yay, meat!

We had unfortunately forgotten to thaw the chicken, so I made a marinade of red wine that had been in the Davis fridge for a looooong time, ginger, hot sauce, teriyaki sauce, red pepper, pepper-flavored vinegar, and pineapple juice. I poured the marinade into a glass pan, slid the chicken in, and thawed in the microwave. Once thawed, Davis used his electric grill on the tenderloins and cooked rotini while I made sauce with the marinade. I added pineapple chunks to the sauce, and used a little cooled marinade and flour to thicken the mixture. I also added some sesame seeds.

When the chicken was through grilling, we dumped it into the sauce for a few minutes, and then served the chicken and sauce over the rotini. Excellent!

I decided to take a nap a little after 7 PM. I thought I might sleep for an hour or so. Davis and I had a brief conversation much later. And I actually made myself get up after 5 this morning. I guess I needed it.

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, sometimes you do need a good lie-in. I slept about 14 hours one day this weekend. Much-needed.

phlegmfatale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

HallowE09