Monday, June 16, 2008

Dreams and Schemes

I'll get around to posting other stuff soon, but you know, of all damn things, my dream car is a B16-engined CRX. I mean, dream, to the point where I've often fantasized about building a Ferrari-killer CRX after I'm rich.

The CRX is essentially a chopped-short little Honda Civic. The B16 versions actually have enough horses in rein to go, while still getting excellent gas mileage due to the low weight of the vehicle. I got the light/nimble car bug when I was at Fort Lewis, and had a Honda briefly, but sold it before I left Washington state.

I've been thinking about the CRX a lot lately. There are a few locally, and at least one I've seen a couple of times at ASU, which looks to be in pretty good shape. I kept my eye out for it as I rolled into ASU tonight. Nowhere in sight, but as I walked inside, I saw a sign posted.

FOR SALE!
1989 Honda CRX!
$3000. Oh, man...if this is the car I think it will be, I'd trade my Grand Am for it in a heartbeat. Here's hoping it meets expectations. And I can dredge up the funds.

6 comments:

Matt G said...

That's pretty steep for a 19 year old Civic. Impressive how it held on to its value.

It is, of course, air-conditioned, yes?

J.R.Shirley said...

It's had a B16 engine swapped into it 55,000 miles ago.

The engine is worth about $2500.

It's air conditioned- no. Not unusual for the little Civics with performance mods.

Tam said...

Coincidentally, I'm looking at a Del Sol myself...

J.R.Shirley said...

I couldn't help noticing one in the Kroger parking lot as I was leaving 80 minutes ago...

HollyB said...

I hope you get it...you wrote that Thursday and no update as of Sunday. I hope thatmeans you're busy out driving it.
Ft.Lewis, hunh? MY dream car was stationed at Ft.L before it was tx'd to Hood and traded in on something else so I could adopt it. Strange coincidence that, it being a Sebring and all.

J.R.Shirley said...

Yeah- the sale is on. I should pay for the car tomorrow.


HallowE09