Monday, November 24, 2008

Start of a New Week

I am for now the sole weekend supervisor at Fort Classified. We have a later shift that begins at 11:30 on Sundays. Yesterday, I cooked spinach omelets with lots of garlic and smothered in cheese, home fries, and biscuits for my Sunday shift. I made enough to feed everyone of my floor staff who wanted some, and still have enough left for the ticketing staff and security guard to eat breakfast, as well. I fed 10 people, and the food was very well received.

There's just nothing else quite like sharing food to build a sense of companionship, I think. Sure, there are other "team/relationship building" things you can do, but sharing food just seems to me to instill a sense of family. My mom and dad are gone, but I remember the breakfasts Dad would always cook on Sunday, and some Saturday mornings. He'd usually cook bacon, sausage or baloney, as well as grits, eggs, and biscuits.

I miss you, Dad.

No comments:


HallowE09