Monday, February 18, 2008

Chuck and Larry

A month or so ago, I watched I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry. I have mixed feelings about this. Like Click , this is another Adam Sandler movie that can't decide if it wants to be a dramatic morality play or a comedy.

In Click, the viewer gets very obviously the point that making the most of our time and sharing that time with our families and loved ones is important. Chuck and Larry does the same thing for homophobia.

I like fairness. I've met- indeed, am good friends with some people who have sex with same-sex partners. As long as both partners are of age and the action is consensual, great. I have no problem with it, in fact, I could care less. Not my business. Some part of me is very happy with the message of fairness. Another part of me is annoyed that the message is over-played, killing some of my comedy.

Adam Sandler can be hilarious, and moments of this are seen in Chuck and Larry. The problem is, the movie isn't nearly as funny as it could have been while the extra crispy moral lesson was being served.

Sometimes funny, good overall message. 2.5 stars, even with Jessica Biel.

No comments:


HallowE09