Sunday, December 23, 2007

Holiday Musing

six pack Corona light
six pack Hoegaarden
2 24 oz Coors Lite
1 framboise lambic
750 ml spiced rum
700 ml coconut rum
500 ml amaretto
750 ml wine
...and two visits to the bar, where I discovered "Dirty Hos" (Hoergaarden and framboise lambic, a thing of wonder and beauty). As you see, I remember the important things about our minivacation to Helen, Georgia.


I'm kidding. I don't remember.



No, I'm still kidding. Jordy, Christina, Scott and I had a lovely time on our visit to Helen. I was occupied at the last minute, and couldn't place the books I have to finish the two incomplete courses remaining from this semester, so I wasn't able to bring study materials with me. Perhaps that's just as well. We had several nice days enjoying the fireplace and beautiful location, and visited Anna Ruby Falls again before we left.

I aced my three instructional technology courses, and have two history courses to complete. I plan on having that done before classes start again in two weeks (fingers crossed).

Happy holidays, everyone. Whatever you celebrate, be well, and I wish you love, joy, and peace.

5 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Sounds like you had a lovely break-- much needed, I'm guessing, because your studies have been pretty intense this semester, it sounds like. I hope you and Jordy have your best Christmas yet.

J.R.Shirley said...

Thank you. Season's greetings. :-)

Tam said...

And a Happy Festivus to you and Jordie, John. May the coming year be all y'all can hope for and more. :)

HollyB said...

It was GRRRRRReat to speak with you Sunday, John. You sounded rested and relaxed. I'm glad you got some much needed 'down' time.
Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

Jordyriffic! said...

Yeah, that was a good time. I'm glad we saw the waterfall too. :) Love you!


HallowE09