Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Evan Almighty

Watched Evan Almighty tonight. Jordy and I hadn't been to the theater in a while, so despite my 2,000 words of so of stuff due in the next 20 hours for my SPED class, we went.

Family friendly. Cute and unobjectionable to any but the most rabid atheists and fundamentalist Christians. (Odd, about that, huh? Of course, they are both rabid, so...) Personally, I would say the writers of this movie either have a deep faith in a powerful and benevolent deity, or can postulate well what such a personality would be like. Morgan Freeman plays his role perfectly, too, with an exquisite blend of humor and gentleness. Oddly enough, the funniest part of the movie comes at the credits, when Steve Carrell and Freeman prove they're actually excellent dancers.
This movie certainly isn't the funniest I've seen this year, but I didn't walk out of the flick swearing or looking for someone to crush, and that's a good thing. I'll give it 3 of 5 stars.

1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

My sister loved Evan Almighty. I wasn't curious to see it at all, but recommendations from you and her mean I'll dvr it when it's on cable & give it a look.
Morgan Freeman is just a brilliant all-around actor. Gorgeous voice, too - I could listen to him read a phone book.


HallowE09