Thursday, July 19, 2007

PayPal Sucks

When I was overseas, I used an Egyptian IP the majority of the time. I used PayPal sometimes. One of the last times I attempted to use them, I was given an error message that I was encountering a "random security check", and additional information was requested.

When I checked my email inbox, a message from PayPal was waiting, saying that an attempt to access my account from a foreign IP address had occurred, and requesting additional information to prove I was the one who attempted access. The same thing happened when I idly attempted to log in later.

When I returned to the US, I logged into my account, giving the additional financial information demanded. I then wrote a very nice letter to PP, that went something like this:

"Dear PayPal, thank you for your attempts to safeguard my account while I have been deployed to Afghanistan. I noticed you refused to let me log in recently because I was using a foreign IP address. Did you not notice I was overseas the previous nine months? Retards.

Love and Kisses,

John"

When I logged in today, I was forced to input multiple data points before I could withdraw any funds from PayPal. The "additional security" changes show they were input last Friday, but when I go back to my GMail, I have a notice of these security precautions from today.

In either case, PayPal is composed of lying idiots. Thanks, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

HallowE09