Thursday, July 12, 2007

In Like Flynn

I applied for ASU's MAT degree at the beginning of June. I didn't anticipate any difficulty, since I graduated with a high GPA from ASU, and since a former teacher of mine is now the assistant dean of the College of Education...and I was the star student
in the Honor's course I took with her.

I became a little worried when she emailed me just before the 4th, and asked if I'd mind filling out an online app, since she didn't know where mine was, and her assistant was on vacation for a week. I realized at that point that I was past the deadline for fall entrance to most programs.

I received a letter from ASU yesterday, and found myself very nervous. When I opened the letter, the things I saw were some pamphlets regarding ASU resources. Definitely a
good sign! Behind those was my letter of acceptance. Yay!

Now I just have to find a way to make some money...

HallowE09