Monday, June 25, 2007

D. Hoskins is a good man

I was finally able to talk to him again two days ago. D. had told me that he had sent me a knife along with my ax, by way of apology for the delay. When I excitedly picked up the box from the post office, I was astounded to find not only a combat-style knife, but a beautifully ornate Damascus blade, as well.

I was afraid that perhaps the Damascus piece had been sent to me accidentally, and so, was afraid to mention it, but D. assures me that he sent it to me not only because of the delay, but because he appreciated my service overseas.

There's nothing you can really say about that, except a humble thanks.

Here are some pictures Derek Zeanah was kind enough to take for me. I have also added D's new website to my links, along with On Scene Tactical's Speed Dialer.

4 comments:

The Lily said...

That blade (and hilt) are breath-taking. Gorgeous handiwork. I know nothing about knives and I covet it.

Matt G said...

That's a hell of a knife, Spectre.

I'm not big on the color of the scales, but the craftmanship and the Damascus are breathtaking.

Derek did some nice photo work, too.

J.R.Shirley said...

I'm glad you appreciate it, Miz Lilly.

Matt, I agree my color choices might have been different, but the work is incredible.

phlegmfatale said...

Exquisite knife. I particularly like the mokume gane on the handle. It's a work of art.


HallowE09