Thursday, April 21, 2011

Alibis

So...I've been sick. Sick enough that our TAC called me out of PT formation Tuesday to ask if I would be okay for the PT test today. Yesterday I bought a new pair of running shoes, my first K-Swiss. And crossed my fingers.

I haven't been sleeping well for the past week, between the tickling in the throat and frequently coughing myself awake. I took three Benadryl last night, early (to make sure I wasn't weak from after-effects), but still slept poorly. I felt reasonably well this morning.

The weather was perfect, in the low 60s with no wind. I pushed out a few more pushups than last test. Pumped out 77 situps. And, finally, took my new shoes onto the long-dreaded 2-mile run.

I didn't do as well as I might've liked, but I did drop exactly a minute off my time, leaving me with a 271 out of 300. I'll take that. For now.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Get well, the additional stress with class/PT/other is NOT your friend. Go see the medic!

Home on the Range said...

Get well. Soon.

J.R.Shirley said...

Oh, I went to sick call Monday. Still hacking stuff up, but slept decently last night, for the first time in 2 weeks.

Thanks, Brigid.


HallowE09