Saturday, October 9, 2010

Turn the page...again.

Claire and I are no longer an item. Ultimately, she was not honest, loyal, or loving enough. I'm not going to whine about it here interminably, this time. Most of my grieving was done months ago, when I lost most of my readership because I just couldn't scrape up anything to say.

I was very deeply in love. I suppose I should be thankful for those blissful, unfortunately short weeks when I believed there could actually be a happily ever after. It was a beautiful fantasy.

Here's break-up music, if you're feeling maudlin:

Echo

Reason to Believe

Almost Over You

Alone Again

You Lied


Honesty

11 comments:

Brigid said...

There isn't anything I could say where I wouldn't sound like your mother.

Sometimes though, those memories of those few weeks or months will hold you a long time.

Hang in there and drop a line at home if you want to talk.

Ambulance Driver said...

Not all your readership.

I've been there, and it sucks. Hang in there.

Holly said...

Oh, John.
After a while the healing will begin. Call if you need to.

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear that John. You know you've got real friends you can reach out to.

J.R.Shirley said...

I need to go shooting. Let me know when you're in town.

J.R.Shirley said...

Thanks, everyone.

charlotte g said...

A lot of us kept checking in. And will continue to. A good shooting trip--especially with some extra tramping about with a good friend or two--sounds like a good activity about now. Blissings (no, it's not a typo).

Don said...

Yeah, I still check, too.

Sorry about the woman, but at least you had the happy times. Just keep going.

Jenny said...

Oh no...

... I'm so sorry John. :(

J.R.Shirley said...

I'm really, really fine.

John B said...

Though I'm not as close a friend as those preceding. I'm still a friend. Speaking as someone who has lost their love in the worst way possible, it doesn't get better or easier. You get stronger for the experience. Hopefully it doesn't lead you down the 'feel nothing' road. Stay strong, and don't let the public catch you hurting.


HallowE09