Thursday, September 10, 2009

Washed Out

I wasn't feeling as great as usual (isn't it amazing how good we feel most of the time, but just don't think about it?), a few days in advance, but was not about to miss meeting Claire and co in Holden, NC for a few days of fun at the beach.

So, it wasn't all fun. I didn't sleep well several nights, and that contributed to a quarrelsome and grouchy John. I quite sensibly stayed away from flammables (unless adequately diluted with Diet Coke) and explosives during this period, and no animals were harmed. That we'll talk about.

Despite the handicaps, some really good times were had, too. I was somehow coerced into the ocean at least once, and eventually Claire and I looked around and realized all the other adults were now in the water as well. And it was good. Some great pictures were also taken our last evening at the beach. Claire and I had resolved to just mostly keep doing what we were doing, and the photographer could take pictures of us, if she liked. And a good time was had, and cute pictures were taken.

I was already waking up, so I finally rolled out of bed around 0440 this morning to shave and shower. Claire and I were rolling at 0536, and I think we went opposing directions about three minutes later. Neither of us wanted to go, but it didn't hurt as much as last time. This is a marathon, not a sprint. So, we both made it to our respective residences safely, and will recover from our individuals challenges: in my case, sleep, healthy food, and reasonable exercise is indicated.

4 comments:

The Lily said...

"This is a marathon, not a sprint."
Tee hee. I recall this reason being used several times on Sunday night.

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the 'run' :-)

The Lily said...

Wait! Not by us! I mean, John. I mean, about that, I mean... oh nevermind.

Matt G said...

Wow.


HallowE09