Monday, August 24, 2009

Joy Comes

The latter half of Psalm 30:5 says "crying may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning."

Last night was bittersweet. I am an incredibly lucky man. Claire cooked New York Strip steak, scalloped potatoes with prosciutto, green beans almondine, scallops, and freshly whipped cream and berries for dessert. At the risk of leaving myself open for all kinds of jokes, I felt very special.










This morning, I was treated to excellent French toast.

I'll be leaving VA in about half an hour. Leaving won't be easy, but I have seen the promised land. I can go until I come back.

5 comments:

Newbius said...

John,

OldNFO has interesting friends. When you make it back to VA, I'd like to meet you. Hell, I'll even cook! :)

I hope the next phase of your life treats you and your lady well.

Pax,

Newbius

J.R.Shirley said...

It would be my great pleasure.

charlotte g said...

I imagine the traffic in front of you unfurling smoothly. And that includes not only your car, but your job and future. You are due some smooth waves. Hope you have your boogie board!

Jenny said...

Wuv, twoo wuv....

Glad some gal found the best way to your heart. Exciting! :)

Brigid said...

I was thrilled when I got your email with news of the trip.

You deserve to have life shine on you a little bit more.


HallowE09