Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bye-bye, Birdy

I hate moving. Have I mentioned I hate moving? Really. Leaving a military school is a small move, which means it's not as bad as a big move, but it's a move. And I...HATE...

Well, I left two of my towels because I was already short of room. If I hadn't brought *4* pairs of ACUs, and 2 pair of boots (per the packing list), I would have had plenty of room. Oh, well. 0500 came way, way, painfully early.

My mood wasn't improved by finding that everyone else had started our outprocessing routine early, even though we'd been told we wouldn't be able to...but I still was out in good time.

I was a little happier to be past the huge line at the airport and online. Despite the economic and other challenges we truly live in a golden age.

Ah, Grand Prairie. I barely knew you, and it was more than enough. Buh-bye.


5 comments:

Matt G said...

Get home safe, and rest, and then start on that which is needful, as a free man; happiness lies beyond the dawn. :)

Old NFO said...

One down, more to go... travel safe!

charlotte g said...

So glad to have met you--it meant a lot to me. As Matt said--ditto.

J.R.Shirley said...

Charlotte,

It was my very great pleasure to spend a little time with you. Thank you.

John

Home on the Range said...

John - you better stay safe out there. The world's a much better place with you in it.

B and the clan in IND


HallowE09