Friday, October 26, 2007

Mexicans Missing the 'Merican Money

A NY Times article today reported that money sent from the US to Mexicans, mostly by illegal immigrants has fallen. Surprise! The US is already becoming more like Mexico.

I have nothing against anyone, from any country, coming LEGALLY to the US and working hard for what they have. I cheer and applaud such people when they succeed. What I hate is when people from other countries come to the US because the US is great, and then refuse to become integrated with our culture, and then try to turn the country into something resembling the country they just left. (Hello? If your country was so great, you wouldn't have left, would you?)

Even more than not doing simple things to integrate like, I don't know, learning the language, I despise folk who come here illegally, and then rake in money from social programs. Bleeding our economy without putting anything in. That really fries my bacon.

3 comments:

Matt G said...

"Even more than not doing simple things to integrate like, I don't know, learning the language..."

John, have you ever understood the concept of why it would be racist to have an official language in this country?

Because I haven't.

J.R.Shirley said...

It ain't. A single common language is one of the things that has made this country great.

HollyB said...

It burns my toast, John and I'll jump on that single common language bandwagon with you and Matt.


HallowE09