Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I dislike the focus on things disturbing, grotesque, and evil. I do not hate all things about Halloween, though.

I like the crisp coolness that brings back the memories of the few times I was allowed to have fun like other, normal children. I am bemused by the fact that Halloween is the one holiday that seems to be acceptable for young women to wear absolutely scandalous outfits with little censure. Hell, I'm all for freedom, and I'm a guy. If you feel the need to wear a tiny little outfit, you go, girl. I salute your right and ability to do so.

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

That's very generous of you, giving us permission to wear skimpy nurse and French maid outfits, often in latex, leather and other unconventional materials. It would be terrible if we had to feel guilty for "pretending" to be naughty.

J.R.Shirley said...

Shucks. I think people should be free to do anything that doesn't infringe on other's rights. I believe choosing to go a costume party removes the right to be offended by any of the costumes there.

I was just applauding. ;-)


HallowE09