Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shoes, ships, ceiling wax

Little Mama is finally out of the hospital proper, and in a rehabilitation center. She still isn't in great spirits, but has considerably improved in outlook. And is actually trying to have her drugs reduced.

I am taking 15 credits this semester. I was amazed to discover, at the very last minute, that I needed permission to take more than 12. Paugh!

I have finally made my first visit to the new ASU gym. It felt great to move a little weight. I seemed to have lost some upper body strength (not surprising), but my legs have become almost freakishly strong on some exercises. Yay me.

6 comments:

David Neylon said...

I should've asked this earlier, but to which ASU are you referring? I'm assuming it's not Arizona State. :)

David
Phoenix,AZ

J.R.Shirley said...

Augusta State U, David. :-)

phlegmfatale said...

So pleased to hear that Little Mama is on the mend, and I hope she's totally out of the woods soon.

Wow, 15 hours? My hat is off to you. I know you'll do well,but good luck and enjoy!

Unknown said...

Yeah, John. OOOWAH!

That's the ticket:

"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for monks."

Heh.

HollyB said...

Dahm! 15 GRADUATE hours?! YIKES! I dont mean to yell, but i don't know how to underline in comments.
Darlin' you are one driven man.

J.R.Shirley said...

Thanks, guys. Byron, we've had this conversation: EXTREMISM is for monks.
Flogging, fasting, praying for hours=
extreme.

Moderation is for people who want to arrive alive and enjoy the ride.


HallowE09